What is MicroLaserPeel? Our Micro Laser Peel in San Diego is a laser skin resurfacing treatment that removes a thin layer of damaged skin resulting in a more luminous, younger-looking appearance. You will notice a reduction in fine lines, mild wrinkles, and pigmentation, as well as improvement in the overall tone and texture of the skin. The procedure is performed in the office with limited downtime and is customized to your specific skin conditions and goals.
How Do I Take Care of My Skin Following the MicroLaserPeel?
- The use of a cold compress or ice pack will help to relieve the swelling. To avoid further swelling, you may choose to sleep propped up on 2 – 3 pillows the first night after treatment.
- A cold compress or ice pack may also be used to provide comfort if the treated area is especially warm. This is typically only needed within the first 12 hours post-treatment.
- Once the skin has healed (no longer wearing the occlusive barrier), you may begin to wear mineral makeup which will allow the skin to breathe and continue to heal. At that time, a sunblock should also be worn on a daily basis to help prevent hyper/hypopigmentation from direct and indirect sunlight.
- Post-treatment discomfort may be relieved by oral pain relievers; i.e. Extra Strength Tylenol.
- Please continue the prescribed antiviral as directed until the bottle is empty.
- Cleanse the skin two times a day with plain, lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser; (i.e. Cetaphil) beginning the morning after the treatment. Use your hands to gently apply the cleanser and water and finish by patting dry with a soft cloth. Be careful not to rub the treated area and do not use any type of exfoliator until skin is fully healed; (i.e. Clarisonic).
- After cleansing your face, reapply the occlusive barrier, (i.e. Aquaphor) taking care to cover all treated areas. The occlusive barrier is needed to provide a protective barrier that will hold moisture into the skin and provide protection to the skin from pollutants in the air as the skin heals. As a rule of thumb, the occlusive barrier is needed 1 day per 10 microns of skin treated or once the skin has re-epithelialized. For example a 20-micron MLP = 2 days of wearing the occlusive barrier. Reapply the occlusive barrier as needed. Do not allow the treated area to dry out.
- When showering, be sure to wash your hair behind you to avoid getting shampoo directly on the treated area.
- Peeling and flaking generally occur within 24 hours post-treatment and should be allowed to come off naturally. DO NOT PICK, RUB, OR FORCE OFF ANY SKIN DURING THE HEALING PROCESS. THIS COULD RESULT IN SCARRING AND INFECTION! Gently washing the skin more frequently will help to promote the peeling process.
- Please avoid strenuous exercise and sweating for 1 week after treatment or until the skin has fully healed.
- Please avoid direct sun exposure until the skin has fully healed.